I aim to do the following within a reasonable time frame:
- More programming advice - using version control, unit tests, Unicode
- More articles on security:
- Components, Interfaces and Security Boundaries
- The Differences between IT Security and Information Risk
- Network Scanning and Penetration Testing
- What Should be our Risk Appetite?/
- Finish off the DNS guide - it's been part written for years!
Some other ideas I have; these will probably never happen:
- General paper-based cipher solving suite - comprising the Vigenere and word pattern programs, and much more
- Fix the CRC library - not a lot of work needed for a C only interface
- Expand RSA to include details of practical key management systems - SSH, SSL CAs, etc.
- Master Mind - I have a working brute force computer player
- Sudoku - I have some good steps toward a deductive solver, but there are already many of these.
- aho-corasick implementation - I have a mostly working version in C
- dice game - I have a partial implementation; with some improvement could start running models to determine best strategies for a computer player.
- Better log processing. I think awstats will do most of this, but I will probably have some ideas to submit back to them as well.